Friday wear du 29 Avril 2022 (Général)

posté par jean luc desplats Page d'accueil , 29/04/22, 01:11
[image]

Bonjour à tous,

Pour ce mois de Mai à venir une "plongeuse" française d'Annecy double Compressor en état d'origine.Années 60 , tout inox, diamètre 36,5mm hors couronnes, calibre AS.

Quelques détails ( en anglais ) sur la marque "savoyarde" sous les photos, issues du Net.

Par avance excellent week end de 1er Mai.

Amicalement

Jean Luc:waving:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Elgé Genève watches were produced by the French manufacturer Ets Yola based in the large town of Annecy in the French Haut-Savoie region, which has a strong watchmaking tradition, in fact Annecy’s just over the Swiss border from Geneva. They were in business from the mid 1940’s until the early 1970’s and other Ets Yola brands comprised of Yola, Elga and Elgé. This particular example is a dive watch powered by the A Schild 1712 movement housed in an ESPA Super Compressor case. It’s in remarkable condition and the owner just wanted a full movement service, the lume examining and stabilising (it appeared a little fragile in the hands) and if possible the case made waterproof once more.[/size][/img][/b][/i][/img]

Nowadays the term “Super Compressor” seems to have become associated with any watch that has dual crowns and an internal rotating bezel, but this is actually incorrect. Super Compressor is a trademarked name for specific case designs made by the case manufacturer EPSA (Ervin Piquerez S.A.). Their patented design utilised a case sealing method that actually became more water tight the higher the pressure that was applied to the case of the watch. In effect the deeper the watch went the tighter the caseback was squeezed against the case gasket. EPSA designed three different types of case ranging from the Compressor through the Compressor 2 to the Super Compressor as this period advert shows.

With the caseback removed you can see the patent information on the inside underneath the divers helmet logo, also now on show is the low beat (18,000bph), 25 jewel, automatic A Schild calibre 1712 movement.[/size][/b][/i]

Discussion complète:

290389 messages dans 23850 discussions, 42549 usagers enregistrés, 1126 usagers en ligne (0 enregistrés, 1126 invités) :
RSS Feed