AP : Offshore non, les autres chronographes oui... (Général)

posté par Ed the Grocer (modérateur) , Paris, 20/04/17, 08:54
[image]

Merci Yala pour le lien !

Je cite Hodinkee pour les paresseux :en résumé chez AP pour les RO Offshore le 3120 AP + module chronographe Dubois Depraz, et pour les autres RO Chronographe le Frederic Piguet 1185, dans sa version historiqu. Vacheron Constantin l'utilise aussi pour le chronographe Overseas. Ce serait les 2 marchés pour Lemania hors Swatch Group.

[/i]" As I mentioned before, Audemars Piguet makes a superb self-winding movement, the 3120. It is used as a base in the modular Offshore watches, but in this smaller, thinner Royal Oak, it is not used. There are a few reasons for this, one of which is it simply wouldn’t fit in the existing case depth – the Royal Oak Chorno is 10mm thick, while the average ROO chronograph is over 14mm. Second, there exists a fantastic alternative that works flawlessly in the RO chronograph – the F. Piguet caliber 1185. The 1185 is one of the great movements of our lifetime, featuring remarkably smooth actuation, an 55-hour power reserve, an incredibly thin profile, and high-end technical traits like a vertical clutch and a column-wheel.

The 1185 is an integrated chronograph and a great one at that – needless to say, it is not made by Audemars Piguet. No, no, it’s technically a Blancpain movement, though despite the Swatch Group’s efforts to re-brand F. Piguet as “Manufacture Blancpain” (and Lemania as “Breguet,” for that matter), nobody calls it that. Though, if one were to try to visit F. Piguet's website, you'd see this. But, this chronograph is indeed sourced from Swatch, who acquired F. Piguet some years back, and according to them, this is one movement they have no plans on holding back from selling to at least two very important customers – AP and Vacheron Constantin (who uses it in its Overseas line). Swatch does reserve special variations of the 1185 for Blancpain's use exclusively, such as in the Rattrapante Flyback we showed you here."[/i]

---
Ed the Grocer ancienne maison l'Epicier

Discussion complète:

290388 messages dans 23849 discussions, 42550 usagers enregistrés, 1157 usagers en ligne (3 enregistrés, 1154 invités) :
BOS, Beep Beep, Gigoch
RSS Feed